University of Queensland Press
‘Your dad won’t fix your bike – until you fix your dad.’
Olive’s father has a sadness so big that she imagines it as an enormous elephant following him around. Every day Olive sees the elephant. And every day, she wishes it would go.
With the help of her cheery grandad and best friend, Arthur, Olive sets out to chase the elephant away.
- Winner Children’s Book Award, Queensland Literary Awards
- Winner Greek IBBY Best Translation of a Children’s Book by a Foreign Writer
- Bronze Griffel Award (Netherlands)
- Shortlisted CBCA Awards Younger Readers
- Shortlisted NSW Premier’s Literary Awards
- Shortlisted Australian Book Industry Award
- Shortlisted Adelaide Festival Awards for Literature
The Elephant book trailer
‘A beautiful book – not just heartwarming but heart healing.’ – Chris Riddell
‘A little book with a huge heart.’ – Karen Foxlee
‘A wise and engaging story’ – The Daily Telegraph
‘A gentle, whimsical and deeply affecting story.’ – Magpies