New Frontier Publishing
Angus and Lucy don’t have very much. But they have books… hundreds of them! When their books are taken away, things start to go wrong, and Angus and Lucy’s family discovers they need books more than they ever imagined.
- Finalist 2013 SCBWI Crystal Kite Award
- 2014 Listed in Banks Street Centre for Children’s Literature – Best Books of the Year (Under 5 years)
- Featured on ABC TV’s Playschool
- This book was brought to life by the State Library of Queensland, as part of their Summer Holiday program in 2017
- There are two story seats based on this book, both on the Sunshine Coast. One is outside Maroochydore Library, the other is at Russell Family Park in Montville.
Pete’s odd fact
The subtheme of this story is that we don’t need big houses and televisions and fancy cars to be happy, as long as we have books and each other (and food and shelter, I suppose). This part of the story was inspired by a book I read called Affluenza, by Clive Hamilton and Richard Denniss.