New Frontier Publishing
Jessica’s Box is the story of a young girl starting school. Each day, she takes something special in her cardboard box in the hope of winning friends. Day after day, it doesn’t work, until Jessica discovers the one thing she must take, and it’s not quite what she expected.
- Shortlisted for the 2008 Queensland Premier’s Literary Award
- Shortlisted 2009 CBCA Crichton Award for Emerging Illustrators
- 2009 CBCA Notable Book
- Shortlisted 2009 Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Award
- Featured on ABC TV’s Playschool
- Featured on ABC TV’s Giggle and Hoot
- A revised edition of Jessica’s Box was released in 2014, in conjunction with the Cerebral Palsy Alliance. In this edition, the text remains the same, but the illustrations show Jessica in a wheelchair.
Pete’s odd fact
Jessica’s Box originated from a little story I wrote for my wife, called The Man Who Carried A Basket.